January 12, 2020 Zimfest Association Board Meeting Synopsis
Members in Attendance: Daniel Lockley, Jacqueline Fallon, Chris Halaska, Tendai Muparutsa, Mandy Walker-LaFollette, Janis Weeks, Alex Weeks
Members Absent: none
Non-voting member in attendance: Claire Jones
Review Agenda (All)
Tech Committee Update (Janis)
All migration has occurred from the current ZF “Board Official” Google drive to the new ZF Board Shared Drive. For those of us who own documents, we need to wait until we have the green light from Janis to delete the documents we own.
Ensure November Minutes/Synopsis Are Approved (All)
Complete by email
Review December Minutes/Synopsis (All)
Complete by email
Pre Brief for Drew Turner Interview (All)
Drew will be interviewed at this meeting. Claire had heard that he was a big help volunteering during the festival. One of the super volunteers!
Drew Turner Interview (All)
All of us introduced ourselves and then asked questions. Drew felt his perspective changed since being able to play at Zimfest this year (2019) which created more excitement and interest in becoming more involved with Zimfest.
Interview Feedback/Decision (All)
We voted yes with no objections to having Drew join the board. Drew accepts as the newest board member. He will join us at the next meeting.
End of Year Fundraising Drive (Daniel)
5 new memberships and 4 donors added to previous update.
Follow-Up on Membership/Donation Thank-Yous (Claire)
A reminder to make sure that thank yous are sent out for new and renewed memberships.
Renew Festival Coordinator Role for Claire (All)
We had Claire go off of the call to discuss and voted on increasing her salary to $9000 a year. We should revise and renew the agreement with Claire for her to continue as festival coordinator in 2020.
Zimfest 2020 OC Update (Claire)
- Revised TESC (The Evergreen State College) contract rec’d and signed before Christmas, $1000 deposit paid.
- Concert production team had a site visit on Dec 17th – The Longhouse is what we will use for evening concerts. The bleachers can be pulled out on the side.
- Applications are open, but very few thus far – get your apps in!
- There has been outside money raised to purchase drums to donate to Zimfest for workshops. Providing feedback on purchase proposal.
- 2-3 people are working on submitting designs for 2020 art
- For dorm room allotment and prices, we need to decide markup. Evergreen charges per person no matter what type of room.
- Proposal to increase Teacher membership to $100 and create new category of Senior (65+) membership at same cost as student/youth membership ($10) – The Board approved the proposal
- OC responses to survey:
- Sustainability – Day stage manager. reports people were not taking bottled water so we will no longer provide it there. Will blog about it to let people know.
- Volunteer coordinators will start texting volunteers with tasks needed imminently
- Insular feeling to the festival – hard to feel part of the community if not in a band. Reach out on an individual basis; reach out at registration; MCs announce welcoming new people at concerts.
- Completed folder migration to shared drives.
Review ZA Policies
Move to February meeting
Sunday February 9th, 6:30 pm Pacific time on Google Hangouts