May 12, 2019 Zimfest Association Board Meeting Synopsis
Members in Attendance: Jacqueline Fallon, Chris Halaska, Daniel Lockley, Tendai Muparutsa, Alex Weeks, Janis Weeks
Members Absent: Mandy Walker-LaFollette
Non-voting member in attendance: Claire Jones
Review/Modify Agenda (All)
Nothing more to add
Needed to finalize, ready to go now
Approve April Minutes & Synopsis (All)
Approve by email
Zimfest 2019 Update (Claire)
- Registration opened May 1 on schedule.
- Stats of May 12: 92 registrants (2018: 195). Workshop enrollments: 252 (May 14, 2018: 459).
- RegFox bug encountered this week affecting group registrations, it’s been time-consuming for Nora and Mandy.
- New developments: discounts on meals for Children 11 and under; concert child age rules change to 11 and under; making adjustment to volunteer slots
- Most background checks are completed.
- We need to decide how long they are good for until renewal.
- Zim Guests: B-1 invitation letters now rec’d in Zimbabwe but not Capetown.
- Performers mostly confirmed, OC working on getting photos and bios ready for website
- Moving forward: posters and publicity, marimba procurement, volunteer support crew
- Is there a way to specifically publicize the presentation workshops?
When Should We Hold Official Board Meeting During Zimfest?
The Village meeting is required. It would be good to hold a face to face board meeting. When is a good time? Breakfast? Sunday after the Village meeting?
I have wanted to work on this some more, but haven’t been able to spend enough time on it. Anyone willing to help with a match? I was wondering if we try number of donors/members instead of dollars for the first one. 20, 30 or 40 donors by the end of May? Look into Airtable – what could this tool help us with? Would it be beneficial?
Sunday June 9th, 6:30 pm Pacific time on Google Hangouts