April 14, 2019 Zimfest Association Board Meeting Synopsis
Members in Attendance: Jacqueline Fallon, Chris Halaska, Daniel Lockley, Tendai Muparutsa, Mandy Walker-LaFollette, Alex Weeks
Members Absent: Janis Weeks
Non-voting member in attendance: Claire Jones
Review/Modify Agenda (All)
Approve March Minutes & Synopsis (All)
Approve by email
Zimfest 2019 Update (Claire)
- OC and ZA Tech in crunch time, getting data and RegFox ready for opening registration early May. Workshop grid done and exported, editing ongoing; teacher contracts coming soon. Workshop schedule to be published before registration opens.
- There is a drafted concert schedule. Festival Highlight performances to include Gumboot Flash Mob!
- Volunteer signups being adjusted, website being updated
- There are two student groups this year
- WOU communication very slow. They raised prices for room and board and the first meal price increase since we have been there.
- More flexible meal plans negotiated following survey and other feedback – but little meal tickets are back!
- Zim guests:
- B1 letters sent; 3 in Zimbabwe to be hand-delivered to Abel Mafuleni for pickup.
- MyLinda raised $1313 for Zwa Gapara fellowship; an additional $350 chipped in from church café proceeds to be used wherever needed
- Thank you MyLinda
- Encouraging news about external fundraising for non-fellowship teachers residents in Zim
- Another already had money for the visa and he had a list of sources that he would approach for help with his air ticket.
- Maybe next year for Mapfumo
Cleanup of Old ZF Notebooks
- Julie has old ZF notebooks that we need to go through keep whatever is important. Goal is to scan and save on google drive.
Background Check Follow-up (Janis)
Sent to US residents with SS#
Evelyn Thank You (All)
The Board thanks Evelyn for her service as a board member and Board President since 2016.
Reschedule Board Meetings Earlier to Help People On the East Coast? (All)
Keep the same for now
Sunday May 12th, 6:30 pm PST on Google Hangouts