May 8, 2022 Zimfest Association Board Meeting Synopsis
Members in Attendance: Jacqueline Fallon, Daniel Lockley, Tendai Muparutsa, Cloud Petayi, Mandy Walker-LaFollette, Janis Weeks, Alex Weeks
Members Absent: Chris Halaska
Non-voting members in attendance: Claire Jones
Review Agenda (All)
April Minutes/Synopsis (All)
Background Check Follow-Up (All)
Several board members still need to complete their 3-year background check.
Banking Report (Cloud, Claire)
Cloud needs to get some paperwork notorized to get a debit card. Claire was able to get her second debit card.
COVID Safety Committee Report (Janis)
83 vaccine cards have been uploaded from registrants, teachers and performers. There were a few issues but they have been resolved. The three members of the COVID safety committee will be on site to check names and wrist bands, but need to see how many other volunteers will be needed.
Still need to figure out what the mask policy will be or if individual teachers can require masks. Surgical masks or better. The board is in favor of this. As soon as we have the policy we should announce it.
Tech Committee Report (Janis)
No updates–working on a list of things to focus on in the off season after Zimfest 2022.
Zimfest 2022 Report (Claire)
- Mad push end of April for May 1 registration opening:
- Registration for workshop and onsite camping/RV
- Complete volunteer signups (many job descriptions different this year)
- Complete web page revisions
- Finalize concert schedule and get info to Lincoln – ticket sales now open: https://lincolntheatre.org/film/live-concert-zimfest-2022
- Nora scrambled to generate workshop grid and details, teacher bios up a bit late using a new tech tool
- Posters completed for local area, as well as publicity video
- Many new memberships (17) and brisk registration first three days, has now slowed down.
- Skagit CVV room totals are not yet confirmed so we haven’t put them on registration yet. Zim guests to be registered before May 15th.
- No food trucks yet, probably none will come. Will sell drinks at Zimfest booth, handle lunches for Zim guests (still working on ideas).
- Increasing obligations we are asking of participants leading to increasing response problems: poor response from teachers and performers thus far on signing contracts and agreements, submitting background checks. Some emails are going to spam or into the ether.
- Started working on tee shirts on schedule this month but there may be supply chain issues.
- Recommendation for registration system: consider adding the ability to donate the performance fee to Zimfest automatically–multiple groups choose to do this, and would make it easier.
Sunday June 12th, 6:30 pm Pacific time on Zoom.