June 12, 2022 Zimfest Association Board Meeting Synopsis
Members in Attendance: Jacqueline Fallon, Daniel Lockley, Tendai Muparutsa, Cloud Petayi, Mandy Walker-LaFollette, Janis Weeks, Alex Weeks
Members Absent: Chris Halaska
Non-voting members in attendance: Claire Jones
Review Agenda (All)
May Minutes/Synopsis (All)
Finalize Village Meeting Scheduling (Alex)
Sunday, July 3rd, 2-4pm
Background Checks (Janis, Claire, Mandy)
Janis: All Zimfest board members are current except one person whom I have contacted. Mandy: registration people are all clear
Debit Card Update (Cloud)
Was Cloud able to get paperwork notarized in order to get a debit card? – sent on 6/10
COVID Safety Committee Update (Janis)
- 157 people are wristband-ready as of 6-12-22. Has gone very smoothly, with maybe 10-15 people needing to be contacted by ZCSC members for clarifications or additional info
- Have been cross-checking lists of teachers, performers, vendors & registrants against cognitoforms & reporting results back to relevant OC members
- ZCSC contacted 3 teachers who have not yet submitted their forms
- Hand-san, wristbands & masks are on hand
- Other tasks prior to & during Zimfest are on track including scheduling shifts to check guests for entry into Lincoln Theatre
- Janis needs to bring wrist bands, congnito forms list to Lincoln Theatre
Tech Committee Update (Janis)
Nothing new since last board meeting.
Onsite Financial Management (Claire)
Who is doing what? Do we have any secure place for cash (no safe at the Fairgrounds) or will someone run to an ATM each day?
Janis & Alex pick up checks from Chris to bring to Claire.
Alex – In charge of figuring out where to put cash overnight.
Claire – Reach out to the locals – Simme
Zimfest 2022 OC Update (Claire)
- OC heading into onsite preparations phase: workshop room setups, borrowed instruments etc. Decision: no late-nite parties; yes Green Room buffet, yes Hospitality Lounge; no festival guide; yes handout with map and workshop grid
- Hosting Zimbabwean guests: Zim dinners/sadza on Sat + Sun eves; breakfasts from the co-op, meal cards for lunch.
- Final messages sent to performers putting contact people responsible for Covid protocols; Lincoln Theatre procedures and masking for evening performers. Next: teacher’s meeting agenda
- Concerts team finally has stage plots and input lists, putting together production schedule after two schedule re-shuffles. Status of pre-recorded videos (Mandy)
- Low enrollment workshops due to be canceled – lost one mbira and one drum/vocal ensemble (Mandy update – none canceled)
- Pre-recorded video expenses reimbursement and payment a major headache again; Western Union money tx and Claire’s account canceled by them; paperwork for reinstatement case. Alex will write a letter on Zimfest letterhead for Claire.
- Janis write a paragraph for Claire for teachers about Covid Safety for meeting agenda.
- Alex write up Village meeting agenda
- Janis – set up zoom meeting with waiting room for Village meeting
Sunday August 14th, 6:30 pm Pacific time on Zoom