Dear Zimfest community,
Now that the ZA Board has identified a host institution (Oregon State University in Corvallis) for an in-person Zimfest from July 21-23, 2023, it’s past time to get to work on it!
What you can do to help
Online applications are scheduled to open in early January. We are actively recruiting volunteers and team members to work on the Zimfest Organizing Committee (OC). Many of the current OC members are willing to continue on and may be able to mentor inexperienced or young volunteers who want to learn on the job as interns.
Volunteer for the OC – members take responsibility for major areas of the festival, meet regularly via Zoom, and share files on Zimfest’s Google Drive. Thus, OC members must be technologically capable of working remotely and using Google Drive. (But don’t worry, there are many non-OC tasks that can be done without needing to meet regularly or use Google Drive!). We need people to work on the following:
- Concert Production – line up sound person and equipment, handle logistics of concert production on outdoor and indoor stages. The main concert hall at OSU will not be available to us in the summer of 2023, and we will be using a ballroom in the Student Union with little space backstage for storage and/or sound desk.
- Volunteer Co-Coordinator– this could be an intern position
- Marketplace Coordination-this job could be split into two: one person to deal with applications and another to coordinate booths onsite
- Site Coordinator and Local Arrangements- (preferably local Oregonians): work with Festival Coordinator to interface with host institution; research third party vendors to procure any needs that OSU cannot provide
Other jobs take up varying lengths of time leading up to and at the festival, but do not require you to meet regularly with the OC:
- Graphics person to work with image files for publicity, etc.
- T-shirt and merchandise production
- Publicity and Marketing
- Festival Guide layout (required if we are to produce a printed guide this year)
- Assisting Zim Guest Coordination – arranging shuttles and airport pickups/drop-offs, etc.
Call for Festival Artwork coming soon!
Thanks in advance for your help and support,
I can help with proofreading. I’ll start 🙂 the month for the 2023 festival is wrong on the header of this email. it says June.
Looking forward to helping with next year’s festival!
I will put you down as a possible proofreader. We now have enough volunteers for proofreading!
It appears our webmaster has mistakenly written June in several places as the month of the festival. The blog post is correct: Zimfest 2023 is July 21-23.
I can do digital marketibg for you guys
Thank you! Volunteers Coordinator will be in touch in due time!
Need to be a volunteer am in Zimbabwe.
We need volunteers who are in North America and cannot arrange for visas for volunteers who are abroad.