Live Performers: Application Info

Zimfest 2022 applications are closed. The deadline was February 28. Be sure to read the COVID Safety precautions.

Online Application Process Review

  1. If you would like to perform at Zimfest 2022, please read this information before completing your application.
  2. Then complete and submit your performer application. Any applications accepted after February 28, 2022 will either be wait-listed or denied outright.
  3. You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received.
  4. We will notify you in late March with our decision about which applicants will be invited to perform. Proposed performance times will be sent to all selected performers before online registration opens.

Zimfest pays performers at the ticketed evening concerts a modest fee. In addition, all performers in bands accepted by Zimfest are eligible to claim free admission to one evening (ticketed) concert. Please be advised that since evening and outdoor (afternoon) concerts will take place in different venues in 2022, complementary tickets will be limited. Performers accepted for the evening stage may enter that night’s concert for free, and performers on the outdoor (non-ticketed) stage may choose which evening concert for which they would like to request free admission. Contact people for bands should ensure their band roster is up to date before the festival to ensure complementary admission for performers. Zimfest is grateful to all performers who opt to donate the cost of concert tickets rather than claim free admission.

Travel reimbursements—if any—will be limited. If possible, we will provide a small travel stipend to bands traveling within the US. Any travel stipends will be announced within 30 days of the end of the festival but should not be budgeted for.

Please Note: Ticketed evening concerts will be held in 2022 at the Lincoln Theatre in Mount Vernon, a 15-minute walk away from The Skagit Fairgrounds. Current COVID-19 Health and Safety Policy for theater performers and patrons appears here

Questions or Problems

If you have questions or experienced problems submitting the application, please write .

Visa Information

Zimfest welcomes Zimbabweans and other individuals who are not US citizens to teach and perform, but under US visa regulations, all non-US citizens will require a working visa to teach and perform at the festival. Non-US citizens holding a B-1 visa cannot be paid for performances, nor can they appear in any concert for which admission is charged. Be advised that Zimfest does not sponsor visas. To obtain a US visa (visa type P, O, Q, and a few others), a US citizen, agent or nonprofit organization must apply for these visas on your behalf. You cannot apply for these visas yourself. For additional information, visit the Applicant Information page. If you have questions, please contact the Zimfest Guest Coordinator at .